Bearings are used to support rotational or linear movement, decrease friction between two objects. There’re different kinds of bearings, which are quantified on their functions, design to carry particular types of loads, thrust or radial.
Ball bearings have a niche area in the field of bearings as they can manage both radial & thrust loads. Moreover, ball bearings have the unique ability to carry loads and they feature unique construction.
Ball bearings can be employed in different applications, such as:
- Automotive: Ball bearings are employed in all motor vehicles. These are mainly employed in parts such as drive lines, engine, steering, and driveshaft.
- Aerospace: Ball bearings are widely employed in space shuttles, and rockets as they help in easy & free movement.
- Paper making industry: Ball bearings are extensively employed in the paper-making machines. The bearings employed for paper making machines run under high-temperature.
Tapered Roller Bearings:
These type of bearings can manage large radial & thrust loads. They can be found in car hubs because of their load flexibility.
Applications of tapered roller bearings include:
- Mainly employed in car hubs as they’re competent in handling thrust in opposite directions.
- They’re used car & vehicle wheel bearings where they’ll manage concurrently with large vertical & horizontal forces.
- They’re used in agriculture, heavy duty applications, mining and construction equipment, wind turbines, etc.
Ball Thrust Bearings:
Ball thrust bearings can manage thrust loads in low-speed, low-weight applications. For instance, bar stools employ this type of bearing to support the seat.
Roller Thrust Bearings:
This type of bearings can manage a larger amount of thrust load. They can be found in car transmissions, where they’re employed to support helical gears. Gear Support is one of the most common applications for roller thrust bearings.
Canadian Babbitt Bearings is your one stop shop whether you are looking for nuclear turbine bearings or any other type of bearings. Contact us now if you have any questions or special requests.